Countryside Montessori School is looking for a Full-Time Pre-K Assistant Teacher. We are looking for a dependable, detail-oriented and hard-working person who loves to be around children! At Countryside we promote independence, individual responsibility and help teach children to become a friend to all. Are you a fun-loving, detail oriented person looking for a great teaching team to work with? Could you be the final piece to complete our already amazing staff?
The Teacher Assistant supports the Lead Teacher and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents. Teacher Assistants are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
REQUIRED HOURS: Monday - Friday 9:30-5:30
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Change diapers, assist with potty-training process.
- Update parent app with individual child activities and photos.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Help keep a clean and tidy classroom.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Cover staff when absent or out of their classroom.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent team work, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable transportation.
Nice To Haves
- Understanding of the Montessori philosophy
- Experience in a NAEYC accredited child care center
13 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
Birthday, Anniversary and Just Because Bonuses
Salary : $15 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Creve Coeur, MO