Stepping Stones Academy is a childcare center operating in the Watkinsville/Athens, Georgia area. Our center cares for children from 6 weeks of age to 3 years old. We are currently taking applications for full time Assistant Teachers who are able to work until 6:00pm.
The assistant teacher will work closely with the lead teacher in conducting daily duties such as preparing and serving meals, changing diapers, writing daily reports, recording attendance, engaging in play, assisting to put children to sleep, and creating a safe environment.
If you have experience in the childcare classroom and are a responsible and reliable person that loves children and wants to be a part of helping them develop physically, spiritually and mentally then we want to get to know you!
Assistant teacher duties and responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the lead teacher in conducting daily activities such as preparing and serving meals and bottles, changing diapers, writing daily reports, and engaging in play.
- Provide constant supervision to ensure the health and safety of all infants at all times.
- Assist the lead teacher in implementing age-appropriate lessons and activities.
- Build relationships with the infants to help promote their social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and spiritual growth and development.
- Keep support the lead teacher in clean-up and organization of the classroom and play areas.
- Communicate with parents in a professional, caring manner to share update of their child throughout the day via a child management app as well as face-to-face.
- A commitment to upholding Christian values and incorporating them into daily interactions with early learners.
- High school diploma or equivalent; further education in early childhood development or a related field is preferred.
- Previous experience working with infants or toddlers in a childcare or educational setting.
- Knowledge of infant care practices and age-appropriate developmental milestones.
- Ability to create a welcoming, inclusive, and nurturing learning environment for infants.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to engage effectively with children, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience, compassion, and a genuine love for working with young children.
- First Aid, Fire Safety, AED, and CPR certification (or willingness to obtain within a specified timeframe).
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shifts
- No weekends
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Athens, GA