Provides a stimulating, safe, and developmentally appropriate educational environment where children have the opportunity to develop cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills.
- Organizes and provides developmentally appropriate early childhood education programs; creates lesson plans, implements curriculum and education for children ranging in age from birth to two years old.
- Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
- Plans and prepares classroom setting; oversees safety and educational programs; supervises children in the classroom; provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
- Interacts with children in a warm, calm, unhurried manner.
- Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
- Maintains a safe, clean, pleasant environment indoors & outdoors
- Maintains confidentiality in all instances.
- Interacts with parents and community groups; maintains open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child's family relationships.
- Writes and compiles individual assessments of each child's development; completes daily inventories, child attendance, and related reports.
- Leads, guides, and trains staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work.
- General knowledge of nutrition, health and first aid
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associates Degree, CDC or working towards college level hours in Early Childhood Education and/or certification or related field
- General knowledge and support of the Catholic Church
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google and the ability to effectively utilize School information Systems
- Obtain and maintain current adult, child & infant CPR and First Aid Certification
- Good health as confirmed by a physician’s statement; immunizations current
- Complete Archdiocese Safe Environment Program
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to take direction from administration
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- 403 B Retirement Plan
Salary : $15 to $16/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Saint Louis , MO