Our private preschool in Cartersville, GA is currently hiring full time teachers for our Infant, Toddler, and Preschool programs.
Our teachers are responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Building responsive relationships with all children, families and co-workers.
- Plan and implement individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth using approved school curriculums.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Record keeping and reporting as indicated by school policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Diaper changing and toilet training when required.
- Other duties as specified and directed.
- Georgia state issued CDA is minimum educational requirement.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must pass extensive criminal background and drug screens.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available and willing to work one Saturday per month.
Nice To Haves
- Masters, Bachelor or Associate degrees in early childhood education or related field of study preferred.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
Salary : $13.50 to $21.78/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Cartersville, GA