Lyndon Learning is looking for an energetic, fast on their feet Cook to be responsible for the food preparation and serving of meals and snacks to center children and staff. We offer a healthy, home style menu with produce from local sources. As the cook, you would also be responsible for maintenance, cleanliness, inventory and safety of kitchen.
- Plan menus in accordance with nutritional guidelines and food restrictions.
- Prepare, cook and serve two snacks and a lunch.
- Maintain hygiene and safety of kitchen in according with state licensing requirements.
- Order food and related supplies to ensure a well-stocked kitchen.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement
- A high school diploma (higher preferred)
- A negative TB test
- Pass all Background Checks (Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse and Neglect, Out of State Record Check)
- Current Food Safety Certification
- 1+ years of experience in food preparation
- Knowledge of various cook techniques
- Enthusiasm for a growing program and willingness to design a menu around educational parameters
- Organizational skills to maintain a kitchen
- You must also complete mandatory training. https://www.childcareawareky.org/division-of-child-care-update/
Nice To Haves
Lyndon Learning offers:
- Paid vacations
- Birthday and anniversary celebrations
- A renowned chef, and often free lunch!
- A team-oriented environment with a passion for the field
- On-site professional development opportunities
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Louisville, KY