Our approach to early childhood education is play based learning. We, at A Step Above Early Learning, incorporate fun throughout our daily activities while we focus on meeting developmental milestones. Learning begins with our infants and continues toward kindergarten readiness. We understand Child development and that children learn at different rates and in a variety of ways. Therefore, we strive to individualize each child’s learning experience with a wide range of age-appropriate activities. By constructing both our environment and our curriculum around the seven domains of learning, we can ensure that we are teaching each child the skills they need to strive for success.
The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Willing to further education in Early Childhood field
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Required to complete 30 hours orientation within the first year.
- 18 hours of training hours per year after first year.
Nice To Haves
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR/First Aid Certification
- Additional education and experience in center based Early Childhood a plus.
- Paid Personal and sick days after 90 days.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation after 1 year.
- Employee childcare discount.
- Weekend and holidays off
- Paid Trainings
Salary : $25,000 to $30,000/Yr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Kingsport, TN