Are you motivated to make a difference in the lives of children? Do you have the skills and dedication to join our team at the Boys & Girls Club?
If so, we invite you to apply ASAP. We are temporarily offering a $500 sign-on bonus!
If you're looking to find fulfilling, meaningful work and the chance to make a positive impact on the lives of children as a capable and caring mentor, look no further. Of course, passion for your profession won't pay the bills -- we get that! -- which is why we offer competitive compensation and benefits. We take your professional development seriously and will help you grow in your career with perks like tuition reimbursement and individually tailored professional development plans.
We are excited to offer full-time Multi Classroom Center Support, Lead Teacher qualified position in our early child care program in Laconia, NH. Become part of a top-notch team as a full-time teacher at our Laconia Early Learning Center. The center is a relatively new and growing program that serves infants through PreK. We are opening additional classrooms, and looking for new team members. The right candidates also will be willing to work with children in our after-school program when needed.
• Creates an environment that facilitates the achievement of early childhood outcomes.
• Responds sensitively to the interests, requests, and needs of individual children, interacts positively with children, encourages exploration, and uses positive child guidance strategies.
• Plans and outlines curriculum-adapting activities to meet the individual needs of the young children and their families.
• Plans, prepares, coordinates, and oversees developmentally appropriate, emergent curriculum.
• Provides guidance and role modeling to Club members.
• Responsible for program development and implementation.
• Establishes and maintains program goals to ensure the health and safety of all members.
• Ensures the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis, including tracking outcome metrics; verifies that programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
• Uses child observation notes as a tool for curriculum planning, and keeps accurate and up-to-date records.
• Continuously accounts for the members in their assigned group by name and face.
• Oversees implementation of NAEYC standards and GSQ (when applicable), as well as BGCCNH and CCLU rules and policies regarding safety, compliance, and best practices.
• Dispenses medications according to company policy, administers first aid as needed; communicates this to families.
• Oversees and assists in cleaning, organizing, and maintaining classroom well-being and upkeep.
• Oversees proper record-keeping and weekly reporting, including activities and events conducted in the membership/finance system. Will provide data for input to a Center Director or other applicable staff.
• Supervises classroom staff, students, and volunteers; provides regular feedback about job performance.
• Supports volunteers, practicum students, and staff through modeling techniques and strategies that connect theory to practice.
• May lead planning meetings with the teaching team.
• Increases visibility of Club programs via daily schedule postings, announcements of upcoming events through different social media channels, family emails, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be a lead teacher qualified (18 credits) with two years of experience in Early Childhood Education or a similar field. Must be 18 years of age or older and have a minimum of 1,000 hours working in a licensed program.
• Knowledge of current methods, principles, and techniques of teaching.
• Knowledge of curriculum development and application.
• Ability to form developmentally appropriate relationships with children and promote positive behavior
• Ability to communicate with staff, in a variety of methods.
• Must be willing to maintain an appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Must be willing to adapt to different learning styles.
• Must obtain CPR and First Aid Certifications per Bureau of Childcare licensing requirements.
• May be required to assist in cleaning and organizing the Club.
• Must maintain confidentiality.
• Must be willing to travel between locations when requested. (Only occasional travel is required)
Additional Expectations for Multi-Classroom/Center Support
-Day-to-day coverage at multiple locations is required.
-Willingness to adapt to varying age groups, teaching styles, and environments.
-Must communicate upon arriving and departing from each location/program.
-Give yourself enough time to review the FYI sheets to familiarize yourself with the flow and the needs of the classroom/program when covering for the first time.
-Must communicate and have positive interactions with staff members at each location.
-Strong programming skills that may require following a preplanned activity or designing/implementing an activity at the moment.
-Must be comfortable expressing ideas and challenges with multiple individuals.
-This position will be exposed to multiple teaching strategies, and environments. It is essential to advocate for consistency across the organization by taking a proactive approach to communicating differences that will prompt change. If you experience inconsistencies please communicate with the appropriate supervisor.
• All of the candidates that are offered a job with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central and Northern New Hampshire will have to submit for an FBI fingerprint background check and submit to a background check through the State of NH Criminal Records Dept. and FirstAdvantage. Note: The State of NH Childcare Licensing Bureau may prohibit you from being employed by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central and Northern New Hampshire should there be a disqualifying finding on your criminal record. In addition, even if the State of NH reviews your records and allows you to work at the Club, we still reserve the right to determine your employment status.
•This organization has a zero-tolerance policy for abuse and will not tolerate mistreatment or abuse in its programs. Any mistreatment or abuse by an employee will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment and cooperation with law enforcement.
Please visit www.nhyouth.org to learn more about our organization.
This is a full-time, hourly position. We are temporarily offering a sign-on bonus of $500.00.
We offer an extensive benefits package. Benefits include:
Retirement (403B) Contribution
Paid Time Off
Professional Development Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
Child Care Program
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
This job description is subject to change at the discretion of the Executive Director, Board, or organizational needs.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central and Northern New Hampshire provides early learning, after-school programs, summer day camps, and basketball leagues to 2500 youth throughout the central and northern New Hampshire. Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who most need us, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens. We offer a safe place to belong, caring adult mentors and programs covering everything from academics and leadership development to physical fitness and healthy habits.