This position would be the primary teacher for children ages 12 months – 24 months. It is very important that the teacher for this classroom be dependable, punctual, and reliable. The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
· Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
· Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
· Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
· Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
· Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
· Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
· Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
· Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
· Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
· Experience in a licensed childcare center is required**
· High school diploma or equivalent is required
· Requirements also include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
· A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds throughout the course of each day.
· Must be willing to obtain CPR/First Aid certification within 90 days of employment. This certification will be paid for by the center.
Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in a licensed childcare center.
Basic knowledge of TN DHS Licensing Rules and Regulations.
Transportation to and from work.
Paid holidays after 6 months of employment.
5 days of paid vacation after 6 months of employment.
Sick days available, accruing monthly, after 6 months of employment.
Discounted tuition for employees with children enrolled in the center.