The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns. Teachers must be willing to be a team player and ensure they are here for scheduled shifts and must be punctual and reliable. The ability to create a fun and loving environment for the children is very important, we are looking for an individual who can have fun with the children while giving them the educational experience they deserve. This position is for the Young Toddler classroom and will be working with children ages 2-3.
· Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
· Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
· Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
· Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
· Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
· Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
· Daily sanitization of the classroom, the furniture, and materials is extremely important for the health and well being of the children enrolled and staff.
· Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
· Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience in a licensed childcare facility.
Must be able to pass a background check with fingerprinting.
Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds throughout the course of each day.
1-2 minimum of experience in Childcare/Early Childhood Education.
CPR & First Aid Certification is preferred. If not certified, must be willing to obtain certification. (will be paid for by center)
Paid holidays after 6 months of employment.
Sick time which accrues monthly, after 6 months of employment.
Discounted tuition rate for employees who have children enrolled in the facility.
5 days paid holiday for the week of Christmas 2023.