Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C) is a non-profit resource and referral agency located in Louisville, KY that provides a comprehensive approach to coordinating child care services in the local community. For over 50 years, 4-C has supported and enhanced the child care industry and continues its tradition of supporting families by coordinating a vision of a high-quality early childhood care system available to all children and families.
Our agency is looking for a Professional Development Manger to join our team. The Professional Development Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the agency's professional development activities including training, coaching, and communities of practice.
- Direct, develop, coordinate, contribute to and oversee all aspects of the professional development efforts of the agency, including recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all assigned department staff.
- Facilitate continuous learning to grow the professional development efforts of the organization and maintain the high quality program offerings.
- Ensure that all department expenditures are within budget limitations.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze data regarding professional development activities.
- Oversee submitting reports to all funding sources in a timely manner and generate reports specific to the department and/or agency's needs.
- Monitor department staff for accuracy.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all contractual requirements of professional development grants.
- Exercise initiative and judgement in implementing departmental policies.
- Ensure that each member within the department has a thorough knowledge of his/her duties and responsibilities and that those duties and responsibilities are fulfilled satisfactorily.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget.
- Interact with appropriate agencies within the community.
- Participate in and represent the agency in appropriate professional organizations.
- Work cooperatively with all funding sources.
- Interview, evaluate, and hire personnel to fill vacant or new positions, subject to the approval of the Executive Director.
- Participate on 4-C committees.
Bachelor Degree (BS/BA) in Education, early childhood, or related field.
- At least 5 years experience working with young children and knowledge and experience of working with families.
- At least 5 years experience supervising staff.
- At least 3 years managerial experience (including budget administration).
Nice To Haves
- Understanding of best practices in approaches to learning in early childhood education.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Understanding of daily practices and regulatory requirements in child care programs both administratively and educationally, as it relates to the children.
- Ability to be responsive to the changing needs of child care staff in terms of professional development and other related support services.
- Supervisory competency including interview skills, team organization, time management, dispute resolutions, job assignments and staff evaluations.
- Ability to examine and analyze data to effect change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to present to diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of basic business computer applications (email, Microsoft Office products, etc.).
- Valid driver's license and regular access to vehicle covered by liability insurance.
The continued success of our organization depends on the recruitment, selection and retention of the most qualified and professional staff. We need individuals who are committed to providing the highest quality service to our clients, to each other, and to the community.
Community Coordinated Child Care offers competitive salaries and benefits that include:
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Vacation and Holiday Pay
Community Coordinated Child Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, the presence of non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Salary : $47,000 to $50,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 5 Yrs
Location : Louisville, KY