PURPOSE LEARNING ACADEMY LLC.
Job Title: Family Early Care and Education Assistant Teacher
Supervisor: Director, Whitney Wilder
Salary: Based on experience and education
Location: Clayton County, Jonesboro, GA
The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Teacher Assistant observes and documents children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Teacher Assistant are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all Program/center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience. (Willing to train Interns & work study students)
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field
- Proven Dedicated to on-going professional development.
- Paid Holiday's for full time employees
- Teacher work days
- Set school schedule & calendar
At Purpose Learning Academy our mission is to nurture the "whole child" in areas of physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual development. This will be achieved through providing a variety of activities that are developmentally appropriate and that recognizes the individual needs and differences of children. Through Christian principles, child initiated, teacher-assisted and directed activities, children are encouraged to be independent thinkers and to learn without limits.
Salary : $12 to $19/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Jonesboro, GA