The Director of Out of School Programs for the MO Region is a newly created position that will require innovation, flexibility, creativity, and a strong commitment to youth development.
This position will work closely with the CEO and will oversee current MO area programming while implementing strategies to support growth and maintain high quality. This position requires an understanding of community needs, projected trends in afterschool programs, knowledge of Missouri State Child Care Licensing requirements, and understanding of children’s developmental growth.
About Camp Fire:
Camp Fire Heartland provides programs for young people including Afterschool, In-School, Camp/Club, and Summer Day Camp. In Camp Fire, children and youth find a safe, fun, and inclusive environment– a place where they form lasting relationships, develop a sense of belonging and make positive contributions to their community. Camp Fire youth have life-enhancing experiences and develop assets essential to their futures.
For nearly a decade, Camp Fire Heartland served as a department of Camp Fire’s National Headquarters, also located in Kansas City. In April of 2020, Camp Fire Heartland became an independent non-profit and council of the larger Camp Fire network. The organization has experienced considerable growth in the past 2 years and expects to continue expansion at a fast pace.
Camp Fire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, condition, or any other group protected by law.
This person will oversee team members at multiple sites and will need to have supervisory experience. The director should have experience recruiting, hiring, training, coaching team members, providing feedback, conducting performance reviews, and dealing with disciplinary issues in a school age care setting.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
· Be able to work a minimum of 8 hours a day, Mon-Fri and be on call from 7AM-6PM when programs are in operation.
· Strong management and decision-making skills including the ability to influence, engage, motivate, and lead others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact. At least 3 years of experience managing staff.
· Demonstrated experience working with children and families, preferably K-12th grades. Experience in lesson planning and coordination of enrichment programming.
· Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of management both internally and externally.
· Strong understanding and experience in program evaluation, metrics, and tactics.
· Experience and strong understanding of Missouri Child Care licensing requirements and Director qualified for 100+ students
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity
· Ensure youth adherence to Youth Program Quality Assessment standards
· Technology-efficient; Experienced with social media and Microsoft suite applications and/or able to learn new technologies quickly
· Must submit to and successfully pass a criminal background check and possess a valid driver’s license.