The assistant teacher is responsible for assisting the lead classroom teacher in developing a cohesive classroom, helping to coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. The assistant teacher must recognize children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The assitant teacher must be able to effectively communicate with both children and adults so that they can meet the needs of the children and resolve any parental concerns. The hour pay ranges from $12.00-$16.00 hourly, depending on experience and degree level.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
Nice To Haves
Child Development Associate (CDA) Certification
Infant/child CPR and First Aid
- Paid Time Off (after 90 days probationary period)
- Paid Holidays (Federal holidays-Christmas Break-Spring Break)
- Paid Staff Meetings
- Opportunity for Growth
- Telehealth benefits
- Respectful, trustworthy, and Comfortable Work Environment
- Employee Childcare Benefits (50% discount)
Salary : $12 to $13/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Atlanta , GA