The floater is responsible for assisting in the implementation of curriculum activities, and encouraging the participation of children. Active engagement in the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of classroom materials. Maintain professional communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reporting. Help ensure smooth transition from home to childcare center.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Encourage and assist with group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Assist lead teacher with classroom activities.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene standards, cleanliness, safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of child care experience or related experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within first month of employment.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
- Certificate of Child Development (CDA)
- ECE credits (6 hours)
- Options for health insurance coverage.
- PTO/sick pay.
- Paid professional trainings.
KornerStone Kids Preschool is to provide safe, affordable, high quality child care for all children. In doing so, we support families in their efforts to reach their goals. KornerStone Kids Preschool provides a cognitively based program for children.
Salary : $13 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Saint Louis, MO