General Position Description
Substitute Floater Teachers help to create a safe, peaceful, and joyful learning environment. They develop positive relationships with children and families and assist with implementing a quality educational program.
This position reports to the Education Coordinator and Program Director.
Flexible shifts depending on staff needs and your availability - shifts range from 4 to 8 hours
Lotus Learning Center is a new early childhood program in the East Nashville, North Nashville, and Madison area.
- Supervise toddler, preschool, and pre-K children during Lead and Assistant Teachers' breaks or absences
- Assist in the implementation of a play-based, child-centered curriculum
- Meaningfully engage with children to foster joy in learning and encourage social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth
- Form nurturing and responsive relationships with children and teach social-emotional strategies
- Monitor indoor and outdoor learning environments for safety and cleanliness
- High School Diploma (required)
- Professional child care experience (preferred)
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must clear full background check
Nice To Haves
- High energy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Strong understanding of child development
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive hourly rate
Lotus Learning Center is a new family-owned and operated early childhood program in the East Nashville, North Nashville, and Madison area!
At Lotus, we nourish children's creativity and promote their holistic development. Our emergent curriculum emphasizes play-based and project-based learning that aligns with children's unique interests.
Salary : $18 to $22/Hr
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Flexible
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Nashville, TN