Why the Y?
We are an inclusive, nonprofit organization joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. Strengthening community is our cause.
At the Y, our Early Childhood Educators receive a salary in the range of $35,568.00-$47,840.00, depending on experience. With a Family Engagement Coordinator to support the needs of your children and families, you’re able to focus on day-to-day curriculum.
Our staff receive the best benefits to ensure a healthy quality of work/life balance including:
- An in-service day each month for professional development, mental health, team meetings, and curriculum planning.
- Smaller classroom ratios
- Free membership to the Y, along with program and camp discounts!
- Medical Insurance with HRA, funded by the Y
- Dental and Vision along with Employee Assistance, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plans
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Professional Development
The Greater Burlington Y is hiring a full-time Early Childhood Educator to support early learning at our UVM Medical Center Early Childhood Program which serves hospital families, located in Winooski. In this role, you’ll create and implement a developmentally appropriate and stimulating environment through play and emergent curriculum.
- Work with co-teachers in developing and implementing a curriculum with appropriate activities for individual children’s cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development.
- Participate in planning and implementing weekly activities and classroom routines.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with families.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately as needed with parents to promote an understanding of each child’s day, growth, and development.
- Meet weekly to address classroom plans or issues.
- Assist in the supervision of all activities to always ensure the safety of each child.
- Work with the teachers to maintain a neat and organized classroom and assist in the maintenance of equipment and materials as needed.
- Assist at swim lessons, gym lessons, and on field trips as necessary.
- Communicate appropriate information to the classroom teachers and the director.
- Communicate child concerns with classroom teacher and/or director prior to notifying parents or guardians.
- Assist in maintaining all relevant state Child Care Licensing requirements.
- Must be 18 years of age
- At least one (1) year experience working with children ages 8 weeks to 5 years
- High School Diploma
- Ability to pass a federal background check and state fingerprint check.
Nice To Haves
- A valid VT Teaching License with an endorsement in Early Childhood
Free family membership for full-time staff
Free individual membership for part-time staff and dependents up to age 12
Program, camp and child care discounts and member benefits
Paid time off
Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded Health Reimbursement Account (FT Only)
Company-sponsored Life Insurance (FT Only)
Short and Long-Term Disability (FT Only)
Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
National Training with Y of the USA
Supporting and becoming part of a strong community
Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) (FT Only)
Salary : $35,568 to $47,840/Yr
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Winooski, VT