Navigators Teacher: Current Ages 1.5 Years to 2.5 Years
Voyagers Teacher: Current Ages 2.5 Years to 3.5 Years
General Position Hours
Our School's hours of operation are from 7:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday for our families. Teaching staff arrive at 7:15 to set-up classrooms and participate in round-up. At the end of the day teaching staff participate in something called 20-20-20 where they each get time to close their classrooms down, and someone is assigned as the lead closer. Depending on how long it takes closing and when the last child is picked up, teachers should ideally be able to start round-down at 4:30. Therefore, teachers may leave closer to 4:45. In this case, we offer something called early/late days, which is a day each week where teachers either come in late at 10:30 or leave early at 1:30. These days rotate between coming in late or leaving early each week.
General Position Description
The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively collaborate with other teachers at the campus, and resolve parental concerns. This position reports to the Pedagogista (Program Director).
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by modifying classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Implement individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain a personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Preferred Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic technology skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (teachers, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/Child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear a full background check.
Preferred Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Significant college credit in early childhood education or related field of study.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. Also required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
Nice To Haves
For further information about Benefits click links below:
Follow us on Social Media!
Salary : $18.25 to $23/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Williston, VT