For over 132 years, Lund has been harnessing hope and providing opportunities to help strengthen families and ensure a safe, secure and loving environment for all Vermont children. As a multi-service nonprofit organization, Lund serves more than 5,000 individuals each year. Lund’s mission is to help children thrive by empowering families to break cycles of poverty, addiction and abuse. Lund offers hope and opportunity to families through education, treatment, family support and adoption.
Join The Lund Team: support and empower Vermont families!
Early Childcare Educator in our Early Childhood Education Program
$1000 sign-on bonus! Lund is a qualified employer for Public Student Loan Forgiveness.
About the Position:
- Infant and Toddler teachers provide early childhood education in 5 Star accredited childcare center. Responsibilities include nurturing care to young children in collaboration with experienced team of educators. Float Teacher position also available.
- Early childhood educators collaborate with community partners to ensure all children are receiving services that provide for optimal care and education.
- Lund’s early childhood program is a play-based center that is mission-driven and committed to supporting vulnerable families.
- Full-time positions with starting rate of $20/hour; salary determined based on education and experience.
- SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS ALSO AVAILABLE - Substitute positions starting at $18/hr!
What We Look For:
- An Associate’s degree in childhood education (or related field) is preferred.
- Experience working with children and families required.
- Some experience with Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, the Multi-Tier System of Supports framework and/or experience working with children to develop social and emotional skills is preferred, but we will train a candidate who is dedicated and passionate about the care and well-being of children.
- A candidate who is passionate, inspired, and committed to working with a dedicated group of professionals.
Nice To Haves
Why Join Our Team at Lund:
- We honor and celebrate the distinctive strengths and talents of our clients and staff.
- Our work encompasses collaboration with a strong team of professionals and a strengths-based approach to providing services to families.
- Lund’s adoption program provides life-long services to families brought together through adoption.
- Lund’s residential and community treatment programs are distinctive as our work focuses on both treatment and parenting.
- Lund’s educators believe in laughter, the importance of fun, community-oriented activities, and non-stop learning.
- Professional growth and ongoing training opportunities are available; Lund offers weekly supervision.
- Lund values employee well-being and strives to be a welcoming and inclusive workplace; staff are encouraged to engage in staff led initiatives for wellness, employee recognition, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Lund is a family-centered organization filled with supportive colleagues and offers work-life balance; some positions offer opportunities for hybrid schedules or schedule flexibility.
- Lund offers competitive pay and paid training.
- Lund offers a comprehensive and very generous benefit package including health, dental, life, disability, and retirement.
- Employees earn extensive time off accrual in addition to 11 paid holidays, and annual wellness reimbursement.
- Lund does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, place of birth, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. EEO/AA
About Lund Family Center
Since 1890, Lund has been harnessing hope and providing opportunities to help families provide a safe, secure, and loving environment for all Vermont children. As a multi-service nonprofit organization, Lund serves more than 5,000 individuals each year. Lund's mission is to help children thrive by empowering families to break cycles of poverty, addiction, and abuse. Lund offers hope and opportunity to families through education, treatment, family support, and adoption.
Salary : $20 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : South Burlington, VT