Small child centered program seeks knowledgeable, dedicated early childhood teacher. Preferred applicants will have a minimum of 12 college credits in Early Childhood Education, CDA, Associates Degree or BA preferred. However there is a potential to train the right candidate if you have a genuine respect and interest in working with young children. We can set you up with grant money to take on line courses to obtain the minimum of 12 credits and more! Classrooms are co teaching environments designed to meet the growing needs and development of our young students. Applicants must have a dedicated desire to work with young children, flexibility within the work week, (3 long days and 2 half days or 4 10 hour days per week for full time), knowledge of the State of Vermont Licensing Regulations, child development and the ability to co design developmentally appropriate curriculum. Familiarity with Teaching Strategies Gold or the Portfolio approach is a plus. We offer the opportunity to work in a small community oriented program, 2 paid vacations per year plus accrued days, holidays and training, health benefit options and a genuine team work environment. We can work with most college schedules if you are an education major and looking to gain experience while you get on the job training! If you possess the skills and kindness to support the development of the young mind please contact us. Position start date is asap.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
Fundamentals in Early Childhood Education
Child Development birth -5
Any coursework in ECE
2 weeks paid vacation, (week of July 4th and Christmas to New Years week)
$300-$500 training stipend
Currently working on health, dental and vision insurance
Paid orientation training
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Colchester, VT