The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged with their learning. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns. Sacred Heart Preschool teachers are play-based, and immerse students in nature throughout the day. A love of inquiry is a must at SHP!
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by collaborating with teaching team.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Consistently reflect with students as well as teaching team.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents.
- Document the student learning, and units of inquiry as they unfold.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Experience working with young children.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Collaborative and reflective nature.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. Will also be required to kneel, bend, squat, crawl and play.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
Experience with nature-based education and a Reggio-Emilia inspired philosophy. A dedication to free play, engaging actively in the learning and reflection process with students.
Please connect with Sacred Heart Schools for information on benefits.
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Louisville, KY