Big Oak is a leading childcare center on Madison's near-east side. Big Oak has an outstanding long-term reputation for providing childcare that fosters the unique interests and abilities of each child, helping them strengthen their social skills, develop their emerging cognitive skills, independence, and a positive sense of self.
Big Oak is seeking a Program Director who is passionate about enriching the life of children and the community. At Big Oak, the Program Director will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and assisting the Executive Director in ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education for all Big Oak children. This position reports to the Executive Director.
This is an hourly, full-time, five-day-a-week position, with varied hours, averaging 40 per week. The Program Director must be available to be on site at any time the Center is open, including opening and closing hours.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and the Board in setting Big Oak's programming vision and furthering Big Oak's mission and goals and facilitate their implementation.
- Assist the Executive Director in leading teaching staff, supporting families, and achieving enrollment, accreditation, and operational objectives, and maintain strict fidelity to union contract.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing and city accreditation authorities, community contacts, and corporate partners.
- Serve as teacher in classrooms to ensure continued coverage and ratio compliance.
- Serve as a resource for new and existing Big Oak families.
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings (4th Tuesday evening of the month) and prepares monthly reports.
- Oversee Orton Park Camp leadership and facilitate camp logistics
- Minimum high school degree or equivalent required.
- At least two years of experience as early childhood teacher in a licensed childcare center required.
- One-year experience as a manager or satisfactory completion of one department-approved course (credit or non-credit) in business or program administration required (a course from the Wisconsin Child Care Administrator Credential qualifies).
- Registry level 12 or higher preferred.
- Willingness and ability to pursue continuing education.
- Ability to work well as a team, but also able to work with little supervision.
- A passion for everything children.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, verbal, listening, and communication skills.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), G-Suite, and standard computer/internet operating systems.
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must clear state-mandated background check and health screening.
Nice To Haves
Big Oak Child Care Center offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including health, dental, life insurance, 401k, paid time off, and discounted childcare.
Big Oak is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Child Care benefits
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Parental leave
- Hourly wage commensurate with training and experience
Salary : ¤16.50 to ¤17.50/Hr
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Madison, WI