Oak Hill Children's Center is a high-quality program (5 STARS in Vermont's Step Ahead Recognition System) located at 72 School House Road, Pownal, Vermont. Oak Hill serves children from the ages of 6 weeks to 12 years. Oak Hill is an Early Head Start Partner, Specialized Care Provider and founding member of the Bennington County Farm to Early Childhood Collaborative. Curriculum combines the Vermont Early Learning Standards, The Creative Curriculum and emerging child interests.
Applicants should have experience working with young children. Candidates should be empathetic, compassionate and show respect for all. Applicants need to work collaboratively with their fellow teachers and communicate effectively with families. Candidates should be reliable, flexible, understand the importance of play and embrace the concept that childhood is a messy business. Experience with special needs and those who have experienced early trauma preferred. A love of young children is a must. Must be able to pass a background check.
Application should include resume, cover letter and three references.
- Provide high quality care and education to children
- Create and/or implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans
- Maintain confidentiality, adhere to code of ethics
- Adhere to State licensing regulations
- Develop positive, reciprocal, culturally responsive relationships with families and communities.
- Provide a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment
- Must be able to pass a background check
- At least a high school diploma
- Must complete required trainings
- Must be 20 years of age
- Commitment to providing high-quality care and education
- Professional experience working with young children
- Must be reliable
Nice To Haves
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree in Early Childhood or related field preferred
- Familiarity with TS GOLD preferred
- Paid holidays, sick time, vacation/personal and bereavement time
- Paid lunch breaks (if taken onsite)
- Paid professional development
- Retirement plan with 2% company match
- AFLAC with monthly company contribution
- Employee discount for children attending Oak Hill Children's Center
- Being part of a creative team of dedicated staff who care about one another, recognize the importance of the early years, value children learning through play and love children and families and the work we do in early childhood education
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Pownal, VT