As a Whitehead Industrial Outside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for generating new business by identifying and prospecting potential clients, selling products, and building long-term relationships with customers. You will be expected to travel to meet with customers and promote the Company's products and services. If you have a passion for sales, excellent communication skills, and a desire to build long-term relationships with customers, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as a Whitehead Industrial Outside Sales Representative. This is a hybrid optional work arrangement that allows work both remotely and in-person. Concentrated territory within and surrounding the greater Thomas County area. Earnings are directly proportional to sales performance. Reports directly to Director of Industrial Sales.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of products and services, pricing, and competitive advantages
- Identify and generate new sales leads through cold calling, networking, and referrals
- Schedule and conduct face-to-face meetings with customers to promote products or services and close sales
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing clients to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals, presentations, and demonstrations to potential customers
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop marketing campaigns and promotional materials to support sales efforts
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and other industry events to stay up-to-date on industry trends and expand network
- Continuously update knowledge and skills through training and professional development opportunities
- Associate's degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in outside sales, preferably within the industrial supply industry
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to meet with clients and attend industry events as necessary
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Nice To Haves
- Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of retail business practices
- Experience in the construction market
- Miller Hardware Company offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), & paid time off
- Miller Hardware Company is an equal opportunity employer & drug free workplace
Miller Hardware Company has been serving the people and communities of South Georgia and North Florida since 1908. Miller Hardware Company has evolved into one of the largest independent hardware companies in South Georgia.
As a fourth generation family business, Miller Hardware Company continues to carry forward its reputable customer service through three distinct divisions.
Our Purpose - be a preferred place to work, a reliable place to shop, an example within our community.
Our Mission - to provide our employees with an honest and respectful working environment, where every individual can dedicate themselves to providing our customers with exceptional service.
Salary : $45,000 to $120,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Remote Type : Optional Remote
Category : Sales
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Valdosta, GA