The ERSEA Coordinator serves as the lead for overseeing and monitoring ERSEA; Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment & Attendance. The ERSEA Coordinator may be asked to assist with additional family services priorities as needed. The ERSEA Coordinator will work collaboratively with Family Services/Health Leadership and center level Family Advocates as they identify and meet goals established in Family Partnership Agreements; most notably in the area of Attendance.
The ERSEA Coordinator will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions, and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all Shine Early Learning employees. He/She will use knowledge of the principles of ERSEA to collaborate with related service areas and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
The ERSEA Coordinator will:
- Oversee the recruitment of families in all program options working with community partners and possible school districts and/or private daycare provider collaborations. This will include working with Family Services/Health Coordinators, Director of Family Services and Health, Deputy Director and others with the development and implementation of recruitment plans with a focus on categorically eligible families, children with special needs, and centers with low enrollment.
- Support program leadership in the Community Assessment Process and the annual development of the program's Selection Criteria.
- Follow the Head Start Performance Standards in determining eligibility, selection, and the enrollment of families into our program while maintaining an active waitlist.
- Ensure coordination with the Data Coordinator to maintain a seamless eligibility and enrollment process.
- Work in collaboration and coordination with the Education Leads with the placement of children following Head Start Standards and the program's best practices.
- Collaborate directly with school districts and private daycare providers to ensure that all enrollment requirements are followed. Keep abreast of new or revised Head Start compliance in ERSEA utilizing Policy Clarifications, Program Information and Memorandum of Information
- Provide annual trainings for all Family Services and grantee staff and onboarding to new staff on Eligibility, Selection, and Enrollment
- Monitoring of Attendance with support from program leadership.
- Monitoring the ERSEA section of child file and data system
- Maintain ERSEA Master Binder/CEEDS and other documents as deemed necessary
- Support the Director of Family Services, Health & Nutrition as needed
- Will complete applications with families as needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The ERSEA Coordinator's responsibilities chiefly fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed:
- Recruitment, Selection, and Enrollment
- Family Partnerships
- Community Partnerships
- Service Coordination and Record-Keeping
- BA in a related field.
- Experience and training related to social, human, or family services.
- Experience, training, and skills in assisting the parents of young children in advocating and decision-making for their families. Ability to develop positive relationships with children and parents.
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
Nice To Haves
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Louisville, KY