PARENT CHILD CENTER PREVENTION SPECIALIST – NEKCA in St. Johnsbury in collaboration with Little Dipper Doodle Children’s Center is looking to hire a Parent Child Center (PCC) Prevention Specialist to support families with young children within their program. This is a part time (27 hrs. wk/52 wks. yr) position.
To apply send a cover letter, resume and 3 letters of reference to email provided below; FAX to 802-334-5249; or mail to NEKCA Human Resources, PO Box 346, Newport, VT 05855. E.O.E.
· Based out of Little Dipper Doodle Children’s Center in St. Johnsbury, supporting early childhood services.
· Work with children and families, promote and support parent involvement in all aspects of their children’s lives, strengthening families framework
· Trauma informed work - Social Skills Groups, Parent Education
· Facilitate parenting classes, financial classes, and housing classes
· Promote parent involvement through providing parent education, support opportunities and encourage parent leadership
· Utilize Conscious discipline strategies to help parents and schools reach and teach every child.
· Working in the classroom with teachers, related conscientious discipline practices and strengthening families.
· Home visits meeting with families, determining needs and making referrals
· Advocate for families in school and team meeting with outside agencies
Minimum Requirements Include:
• Required to authorize and pass NEKCA’s criminal record check process
• Must have a valid driver’s license and sufficient transportation to meet job requirements
• A Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or an Associate’s in Human Services or Child Development or related field
• Work effectively as a team member
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication and organizational skills
• Experience with community development
• Strong writing skills
• Maintain confidentiality