CHARLOTTE CHILDREN’S CENTER IS SEEKING A SITE DIRECTOR/ PRESCHOOL TEACHER
to lead our high quality, play-based, Reggio inspired preschool at our Extension site with a capacity of approximately 12 children. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of child development and the importance of play in the young child’s world. The candidate will also enjoy helping children to learn about their place in the natural world and understand the important role the arts play as young children seek to express themselves.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience.
- A desire to make a positive impact in the lives of children and staff.
- Excellent leadership to nurture relationships with teachers and families.
- Stellar customer service and marketing skills to increase enrollment.
- Exceptional communication skills and organization.
- At least 1 year of full time teaching experience in an early education program.
- Meets Vermont child care licensing regulations including a minimum of an Associates or Bachelors degree with a concentration in ECE, Child or Human development, Elementary Education or Special Education with a birth to 8 years of age focus.
- Vermont Early Childhood and Afterschool Program Director Step 1 certificate or a 3 credit college course in program management AND a 3 credit college course in curriculum.
- Three credit college course in Budgeting and Financial management for early care and education (can be completed within one year of hire).
Nice To Haves
If you are a passionate leader and teacher who wants to grow and develop their staff and our next generation of children, we look forward to meeting with you.
Resume' cover letter, personal philosophy and salary expectations Attn: Shannon Simard.
Up to 3% matching simple IRA
120 hours paid time off
Federal loan forgiveness due to our non-profit status
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Charlotte, VT