You will work with staff and families on a regular basis to ensure high quality care is provided for school age children in our before and/or after school programs.
- Plan, promote and implement daily activities according to SAS curriculum.
- Purchase healthy snacks weekly based on SAS snack menu. Turning receipts into Supervisor for reimbursement in a timely manner.
- Complete weekly lesson plan book 2 weeks in advance.
- Collect weekly tuition.
- Responsible for the maintenance and collection of state required paperwork (Immunizations, Emer. forms, Attendance, sign-out etc.).
- Implement curriculum as outlined daily but not limited to Kidz It, Fitness and Nutrition, computer lab, Junior Achievement, SEL, etc.)
- Responsible to follow licensing and KY ALL STARS requirements.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with parents, children, peers and school personnel.
- Responsible for keeping children safe, must be within sight and sound of children at all times.
- Responsible to complete Incident Reports for any injury that occurs and advise Supervisor immediately.
- Maintain, oversee and care of supplies and equipment at site.
- Attend and maintain the required 18 hours plus additional 32 internal hours of training in accordance with licensing and KY ALL STARS.
- Must be able to apply, transfer into practice content acquired during training.
- Advise Supervisor of any issues "deemed as important" by your Supervisor or of concern to you.
- Communicate with school Principal any and all applicable changes or exception of program
- Other activities or duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience and Other Skill Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma
- Ability to read, speak, and write English.
- Must have reliable transportation to transfer between sites.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, bend and move about easily
- Must be able to walk up and down steps.
- Standing on feet and working with children 90% of the time.
- Some post-secondary education preferred
- Prior experience working with young children commensurate to responsibilities
- Six hour State Approved Orientation for Child Care Providers or within 90 days of employment
Nice To Haves
Experience working with children who are school aged.
PTO, 403b, Employee Assistant Program, etc.
All children deserve to be nurtured through high-quality education, to think critically, get along with others, and set the path toward a productive future. To help realize these experiences, we never compromise on practices and programs that are best for your child. Extraordinarily dedicated women and men innovate and advocate for our children, parents, and community. We work together as one, because when we are all invested in far-reaching, high-quality early childhood education, it lifts up the whole community.
For over 40 years, Cincinnati Early Learning Centers and Children, Inc. were both well known for their commitment to delivering this outstanding level of early education. On January 1, 2020, these two highly acclaimed organizations joined efforts, combining strengths under a new name: Learning Grove. Now more than ever, we are able to serve a racially and socioeconomically diverse population of nearly 7,000 children, youth, and families annually with programs across Northern Kentucky and Southwest Ohio.
Learning Grove will reach more children and empower more families. This new partnership allows our organization to move further faster and combine resources to support youth, parents, and educators more effectively. Through the might of collaboration, we have exponentially increased our ability to nurture lifelong successes for children and students, families, professionals, and the community.
Together, we transform lives and help build brighter futures. Together, we thrive for lifelong success.
Salary : $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Covington, KY