The Lilliputian School is a non-profit community school providing a unique learning environment for young children in the Mount Washington Valley for over 3 decades.
We love the outdoors and spend a lot of time outside in all weather conditions! Our ideal candidate for this position must have a love of the outdoors along with a connection to the Montessori philosophy and have the ability to create a rich learning environment that serves the whole child as a self-directed learner.
The Young Toddler Classroom serves children ages 12 months-24 months at our Seavey Street Campus.
This position can be part-time M/T/W or full time-5 days per week.
We will consider an Associate Level or Lead Level teacher for this position. Open to training the right candidate in order to meet these qualifications.
The teacher is responsible for contributing to a cohesive teaching team, assisting with the coordination of the curriculum and managing the day-to-day activities of the indoor/outdoor classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and engaging classroom environment. Must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children and work collaboratively with parents and caregivers.
- Observe, guide, supervise, and assess children while they engage in a self directed learning environment.
- Maintain the prepared indoor/outdoor classroom environment as you teach within a multi-age setting.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and aligned with the Montessori philosophy.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with families through informal discussions, progress reports, and family-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and NH state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards as well as the safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal a professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement and meet NH State requirements for continuing professional development.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Dedicated to the practice of an Outdoor Play Based model as well as the Montessori philosophy; understanding of, and willingness to passionately promote, the Lilliputian School mission, identity, spirit, and character.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, parents and caregivers) and to foster a team environment.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear full background check including fingerprinting and must pass a health screening.
- The ability to use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl on a frequent basis.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Outdoor Play Based Education
- Montessori Credential
- Current Infant/Child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits dependent on Part-Time or Full-Time Status please inquire.
The Lilliputian School located in the heart of North Conway Village has been providing a unique and magical learning environment for the children of Mount Washington Valley for over 3 decades. Established in North Conway in 1983, our mission is to provide individualized education that fosters the whole child's social, emotional, physical, and academic development in a safe, peaceful and nurturing environment. Rooted in the Montessori philosophy and methods of guidance as well as the TimberNook experience, we aim to preserve the natural wonder and curiosity that is within every child.
Salary : $16 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : North Conway, NH