Retail cashier is responsible for providing excellent customer service by processing customer transactions and maintaining their assigned areas. Reports directly to Miller Hardware branch manager.
- Promptly answer calls in a professional manner
- Greet customers and direct to appropriate party
- Receives and process all payments according to standard procedures
- Process credit and debit cards, guiding customers using processing equipment
- Notify customers about services available and assesses customer needs
- Examine products being purchased for damages and price accuracy
- Assist in the maintenance of store front and retail displays
- Provide extraordinary customer service
- Any additional tasks as assigned by management
- Honesty and high attention to detail
- Above average business level of written and oral communications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced manner
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
Nice To Haves
- Retail marketing experience
- Miller Hardware Company offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), & paid time off
- Miller Hardware Company is an equal opportunity employer & drug free workplace
Miller Hardware Company has been serving the people and communities of South Georgia and North Florida since 1908. Miller Hardware Company has evolved into one of the largest independent hardware companies in South Georgia.
As a fourth generation family business, Miller Hardware Company continues to carry forward its reputable customer service through three distinct divisions.
Our Purpose - be a preferred place to work, a reliable place to shop, an example within our community.
Our Mission - to provide our employees with an honest and respectful working environment, where every individual can dedicate themselves to providing our customers with exceptional service.
Salary : $10 to $12.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Retail
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Valdosta, GA