Retail hardware sales associate is responsible for providing the consumer an exceptional experience with a local, independent business that shapes our community. Reports directly to Miller Hardware branch manager.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise
- Honesty and high attention to detail
- Above average business level of written and oral communications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced manner
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
Nice To Haves
- Retail sales experience
- Construction or hardware background
- Garden Center/Horticulture background
- Miller Hardware Company offers a generous benefits package including 401(k) & paid time off
- Miller Hardware Company is an equal opportunity employer & drug free workplace
Miller Hardware Company has been serving the people and communities of South Georgia and North Florida since 1908. Miller Hardware Company has evolved into one of the largest independent hardware companies in South Georgia.
As a fourth generation family business, Miller Hardware Company continues to carry forward its reputable customer service through three distinct divisions.
Our Purpose - be a preferred place to work, a reliable place to shop, an example within our community.
Our Mission - to provide our employees with an honest and respectful working environment, where every individual can dedicate themselves to providing our customers with exceptional service.
Salary : $10 to $14.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Retail
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Valdosta, GA