Georgia's Pre-K Program is a lottery funded educational program for Georgia's four-year-olds to prepare children for kindergarten. Pre-K programs usually operate on the regular school system calendar for the length of a typical school day. Programs may be offered at local public schools or through private providers of preschool services.
Extended day services beyond the 6.5 hour instructional day (before- and after-school care) may be available. Parents should contact their prekindergarten program provider to learn if these services are offered.
- Must meet the requirements of the state licensing agency and be physically and mentally fit to care for the children at Provider.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of Provider.
- Be responsible for the arrangements, appearance and learning environment of the classroom.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with children, parents, staff and others. Partnership with parents of children, treating them with respect, welcoming them into the classroom, daily communication, parent –teacher conferences, and providing frequent and varied parent involvement opportunities.
- Demonstrating through daily actions and work habits the desire to provide outstanding customer service and competitive value.
- Treating children with dignity and respect and meeting the needs of individual children with awareness of their interests, special talents and needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles.
- Maintaining child portfolio and participating in ongoing observation-based assessment in order to assess the developmental levels of the children. Using BFTS Work sampling online- assessment for the children.
- Participating in staff meetings, recommended training programs, classes and other aspects of professional growth and completing the training hours as required by Provider and by the state, including after hour’s session.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds and be able to see, hear and respond to children’s needs including reaching high, stooping to the child’s level, sitting on the floor and getting up and being able to reach a child 20-30 feet away within 15 seconds without danger to the staff person’s health.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time at least 90% of the day.
- Be able to determine cognitive, social and physical needs of children in written and verbal forms of the English language and at a level 90-95% of the parents and staff are able to understand and in turn respond to.
- Be able to handle in a positive way the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day. This includes stress, tension, noise and interpersonal conflicts. Must be able to physically and mentally react immediately to unexpected circumstances excluding violent actions.
- Represent Provider in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- All lead teachers shall demonstrate conduct that follows recognized professional standards and preserves the dignity and integrity of the early childhood education profession.
- Lead teachers shall not engage in Unprofessional Conduct or take any action or commit any act that might injure, tarnish, damage or otherwise negatively affect the reputation and goodwill associated with the Pre-K Provider, Georgia’s Pre-K Program, or the Department in any way.
- All lead teachers must be 21 years of age or older.
- ECE or Approved ECE-Related Bachelor’s Degree – Four Year Degree or Higher Credential
- Two Year Degree (Grandfathered Associate Degree or Montessori Diploma)
- Bachelor’s Degree not related to Early Childhood Education
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to identify a team’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Confidence in your abilities to lead teams
- The ability to inspire others
- Empathy toward team members
- You can give feedback in a constructive way
- Interpersonal/communication skills
Nice To Haves
- Paid time off during School approved breaks.
- Vacation time after 90 Day Probationary Period.
Salary : $15 to $18/Hr
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Mcdonough, GA