ABC & LOL Child Care Center is seeking an assistant teacher to have fun while inspiring our Toddler age children to reach their goals in life! If you have at least two years experience in this field, college-level education and are enthusiastic, with a positive attitude then we would love to meet you.
- clear communication with coworkers and families
- time management
- demonstrate appropriate behaviors and communication skills to children
- consistent job attendance
- foster positive relationships with children and families
- plan weekly and execute classroom activities to help promote age appropriate learning
- maintain a current list of food sensitivities/feeding schedule and children's specific needs and any particulars
- fill out daily reports for parents, including any incident and/or accident reports
- work with 2nd teacher to maintain a clean and sanitary work space
- create a monthly newsletters for families to communicate upcoming events and classroom activities
- hold parent/teacher conferences twice a year
- assist with toileting
- The ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- Must be able to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- As a teacher, the employee must be at least 20 years old and meeting one the following:
- Hold at least an associate's degree in Early Childhood, Child/Human Services, Child/Human Development, Elementary Education, or Child/Family Services or;
- Hold a VT Early Childhood Career Ladder level 3 certificate or;
- Complete 21 college level credits with a focus in early education or related field or;
- Hold a Child Care Certificate from CCV or;
- Hold a Certificate of Completion from the Registered Child Care Apprenticeship Program
- The employee must also have two years' experience working with groups of children grades 3 and younger.
- Training/certification requirements:
- As per center policy, all employees must complete a minimum of 50 hours of professional development yearly, maintain current 1st aid and CPR certification, and complete the following training:
- VT orientation training
- Mandated reporting
- Medication administration
- Basic specialized care
- ACT 1 - What is Child Sexual Abuse
- All guidelines and policies set in the staff handbook must also be followed, including being familiar with the Child Care Licensing Regulations set forth by the state of Vermont. All employees must be able to pass a background records check and fingerprint check.
Nice To Haves
ABC and LOL LLC Offers:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- IRA plan with 3% match
- Supplemental l insurance
- Paid Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Child Care discount
- Gym Membership
- Paid planning time
- Educational counseling and support to further your education
- and many other benefits
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : St. Johnsbury, VT