Are you enthusiastic about working with young children? Come and work at Pumpkin Patch Preschool!
Pumpkin Patch, located in Stoughton, WI, is looking for a full and part time classroom teacher, to work Monday-Friday.
We are seeking creative, flexible, self-driven individuals who work well with children and work cooperatively with other staff. The candidate would be responsible for providing reliable, stable, caring, and nurturing care for children along with creating and implementing activities.
Option to work school year, summer, or year round.
Wage: $14-$17/hour based on education and experience.
- Create and deliver a developmentally-appropriate curriculum to children ages 3-5.
- Utilize positive reinforcement, redirection, prevention and development of self-discipline as student behavior management techniques.
- Assist with the rotation of classroom supplies, books, decor, etc.
- Clean and organize the classroom according to the lead teacher’s direction.
- Respond to parent questions and concerns in a respectful, compassionate manner.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with PPP staff and families.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and other school-wide events, such as parent orientation night.
- Support school-wide requirements such as: maintenance of accurate accident logs, documentation of student attendance, classroom sanitation and ratio standards, and participation in emergency fire evacuation, tornado, and lock-down drills.
- Work collaboratively with all staff at PPP, ensuring that shared space and resources are utilized effectively.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, crouch, kneel, and sit on the floor.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Meet the licensing requirements set forth by with Wisconsin Department of Children and Families for early childhood professionals.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
Salary : $14 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Stoughton, WI