We are looking for incredible PreK Lead Teacher who will work with the Director and Asst Director to create a fun, loving, warm, creative classroom.
Building Kidz is a preschool program specializing in performing arts to enhance academic excellence. Our curriculum & performing arts program is designed to challenge & engage children every step of the way.
The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
- Portable Background check cleared in the MERIT
- 30 hours STARS training
- CPR and Blood Borne Pathogen Certificate
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Proof MMR
- Proof of TB test
- Proof of COVID vaccination
* $20-22 per hour
* Paid Sick leave, Paid Vacations, Paid Professional Development, and Child care discount.
Salary : $20 to $22/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Lynnwood, WA