Do you love working with children? Would you prefer a hands-on job with smiling faces over sitting at a
computer screen all day? You're in luck! Some of the positions we seek to fill at our center are listed below:
Full Time/Part Time/Sub Positions
Our center is committed to providing children with quality care, and passionate teachers with a great place
What's great about working here?
- Free or discounted childcare for your own kids
- Family-friendly job with flexible scheduling
- We invest in you! You'll receive training and professional development with the rest of our team
- Being valued, plus teacher appreciation throughout the year
- A true career path
- Fun and creative work environment
- Time outside every day
- Clean and sanitary facility with extreme health protocols
- Predictable hours
- Lots of celebrations
- Major holidays off
- No night or weekend work
- Family-like work environment
- Our families are great
- Spending the day with amazing children
- Making a difference with meaningful work
- Maintains an open, friendly and cooperative relationship with each child and family
- Develops and implements age-appropriate curriculum (lead teachers only)
- Provides for the physical safety and well-being of each child, from arrival to departure
- Attends training sessions for professional and program development
- Ensures licensing requirements are implemented
- Completes timely, neat, accurate documentation of screenings and ongoing assessments to determine motor, language, social, cognitive and emotional skills.
- Meets monthly with the director to plan and implement ideas and practices for classroom growth.
- Performs any other tasks deemed necessary by the center director.
- Warm friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children and willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with Right Start's program and philosophy
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Experience is a must/ proof of training (certificates).
- Positive, reliable work ethic
- Passionate about working with children
- Meets/exceeds licensing requirements including:
- TB Test
- Background Check
- Documentation of citizenship
- Physical ability to perform the required job duties with or without accommodations
- High school diploma or equivalent
Nice To Haves
- 3 Months of programmatic experience in group care of children
- 1 year early childhood certificate of at least 30 hours; child development credential by an approved organization; or a teaching diploma from an internationally recognized Montessori organization
- 6 months programmatic experience in group care of children; 12 hours of training in child development, playground safety, health and safety issue, and preventing and reporting child abuse
- First Aid/CPR
- Food Handler's Card
- Hold CDA or other associate's degree or higher
- Current Medication Administration Training (MAT)
- Child Care Discounts
- Career Path
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Paid Holidays
Salary : $13 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Chesapeake, VA