Looking for fun and energetic people to assist teachers and kids with daily plans. Full-time and part-time positions are available. Works with classroom teachers to promote the educational and social development of the children enrolled in the program.
•Work with classroom teachers to ensure the classroom is running smoothly
•Implement activities based on knowledge of child development
•Open the classroom in the morning, greets parents and children, and assist in making a smooth transition
•Assist with meals, toileting, and hand washing
•Participate in classroom staff meetings to consult on program planning, goal setting, and implementation, planning for individual children, and to discuss program and working conditions.
•Perform general housekeeping tasks
•Perform other duties necessary to the functioning of the program as assigned by the Administrator/Director.
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with children under the age of 5.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Child Care Basics (30 hours STARS) training
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, Infant/Child CPR/First Aid certification.
- HIV/Blood Borne Pathogens Training
- Food Handlers Permit or be willing to obtain
- TB Test
- Must clear a full background check
- Be responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations, and more.
- •Basic computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom, or other online meeting platforms.
Compensation: Dependent on experience and education
- Start @ $16.00 for the minimum experience.
- We offer Education and Professional Development Assistance
- 50% childcare discount
- 8 Paid holidays (after probation)
- Accrued vacation – increases with seniority for employees over 30 hours/wk
- Paid Sick Leave per State Mandated program
- Paid Time off for employees to receive the Covid-19 vaccine.
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Gig Harbor, WA