Sequim's Little Explorers Early Learning Center is hiring for a Full-time Lead Teacher willing to work with all ages 1 month-5 years.
We are actively seeking dedicated educators who can cultivate a nurturing and comforting atmosphere, fostering children's lifelong confidence and a genuine curiosity to explore their world. Our vision includes building a strong partnership with parents to provide unwavering support for their child's growth, spanning from infancy through the preschool years.
Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 6:30am-6:00pm (Temporary 7:30am-5:30pm)
Teachers selected for this position will be responsible for the general supervision and management of a class of children providing a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged and individuality respected.
- Maintaining professional attitudes and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Keep children within visual and auditory range at all times, as well as maintaining child to staff ratios.
- Gearing the program to meet the emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of both the individual and the group.
- Interacting with the children to encourage their involvement in activities, exploration, problem solving and cooperation.
- Preparing a warm and safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing and permits the child to grow and explore.
- Planning and implementing the daily program based on an emergent curriculum outline allowing all team members to have input into the program.
- Establishing and maintaining good communication with parents on a daily basis and with monthly newsletters.
- Observing, recording and reporting significant individual and group behavior; maintaining all records and files.
- Using appropriate and positive discipline treating all children with dignity and respect.
- Attending all staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences and assisting in public relations sponsored by the school.
- Assisting the director in explaining the program to visitors, and in any other appropriate ways.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed a high school education or the equivalent; and
- Have documented child development education or work experience; or Complete Childcare Basics training within three months of hire
- Background Clearance Check (not through the police dept.) Completed before starting.
- Safe Sleep for Infants Training Completed or on file before working with children in the classroom
- Mandated Reporter Training - Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse found Completed or on file before working with children in the classroom
- TB test results (within the last 12 months) Completed or on file before working with children in the classroom
- Proof of MMR on file Completed or on file before working with children in the classroom
- CPR (Infant, Child & Adult) First Aid training HIV/AIDS training/Bloodborne pathogens completed within 30 days of hire
- The right person for this position will be flexible, creative, and energetic and have a passion for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
Nice To Haves
Preferred qualifications for position:
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or ECE credits or
- Willingness to attend college classes in the future if needed for education requirements. Scholarships available! (Bonuses upon education completion)
- As well as special interests in:
- Knowledge of Reggio Emilia approach
- Emergent curriculum
- Outside learning
- Playing in the mud
- Process art
Benefits of joining our team:
- Free to Low-cost Medical
- Paid Sick Leave
- Professional development opportunities (half of annual required training paid for after 6 months of employment)
- Supportive Directors & Co-teachers
- Scholarships available for continuing education
- Home cooked meals
- Comfy breakroom
- Close to the Olympic Dungeness trail
- Much more!
When you join our team as a Teacher you will:
- Develop and provide a nurturing and responsive learning environment where children can play and learn.
- Meet the needs of every individual child enrolled
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Support your center's success; partner with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, and engagement.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, co- teachers, Directors, state licensing authorities, & community contacts.
Salary : $16 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Sequim, WA