Eakin Care Program (ECP) is looking for an enthusiastic team member who loves working with elementary age children. Located in Nashville’s Hillsboro-West End neighborhood, Eakin Care Program’s Summer Camp is a day camp that focuses on having fun through various activities, including arts and crafts, organized games, and weekly special guests. ECP is open to elementary age children, ages 5 – 11. ECP will be operating this summer during the month of July and the first week of August.
- Ensure the health, safety, and well-being of summer camp participants.
- Lead and supervise a group of up to 18 elementary age children.
- Plan and implement daily art projects and organized games for your assigned group.
- Assist with snack preparation.
All staff are given time to plan and prepare their art and game activities during the month of May and June. Staff will also be trained during this time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully pass a background check prior to hiring.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to manage time well.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to interact in a courteous and productive manner with diverse age groups.
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Enjoys working with children in a youth development, camp, or education setting.
Nice To Haves
- Experience working with school aged children a plus.
- Seasonal summer position
- Up to 40 hours a week.
- Pay starts at $14/hour.
- Elementary age childcare fringe benefit available.
- Gain experience working with youth.
- Gain leadership and activity planning skills.
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Temporary
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Nashville, TN