We are looking for an organized, approachable lead toddler teacher to join our team. The lead toddler teacher's responsibilities include formulating and implementing curricula to meet the basic and educational needs of toddlers. In this position, you will also be required to supervise teaching staff, track and report on students' progress, and ensure that classes remain safe and conducive to learning. To ensure success as a lead toddler teacher, you should be compassionate and able to work well under pressure. Top-notch lead toddler teachers should liaise with other teachers to advance the school's objectives and should remain up-to-date with advances in early childhood development research. Lead Teachers help to create a caring and safe environment for the children and create activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Be abele to implement a quality educational program and develop positive relationships with the children and their parents, Lead Teacher observes and documents children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and Directors. Teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs.
- Implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Conducting child assessments to gauge students' progress.
- Documenting and reporting on students' process.
- Establishing relationships with each family to ensure that their toddler's needs are met.
- Leading teacher and parent meetings.
- Organizing and engaging in occasional team-building activities.
- Education: CDA, TCC, TD, associate degree or higher in childcare REQUIRED.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional childcare experience.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Valid state license or equivalent.
- Proven experience planning and developing curricula for toddlers.
- Prior experience teaching toddlers.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Able to attend meetings during evenings, as needed.
- A keen interest in early childhood education.
Salary : $12 to $16/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Mcdonough, GA