AM Infant Teacher, hours 7:30 AM-2:00 PM, PM Floater 2:00PM-5:30PM. The Teacher is responsible managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Expected to be ready to start work daily at scheduled shift time and remain with class until end of scheduled shift.
Nice To Haves
Jo's Kids offers a Christian, professional, fun, family-oriented work environment. If you would like to become one of our team call Joanne at 865-986-KIDS (5437).
Starting at $12.00 per hour, up to $15.00 per hour with ECE experience and education.
After 90 Day Probation Period
Paid Time Off
Sign On Bonus after
Differential Pay for Opening & Closing Teacher
Salary : $12 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Lenoir City, TN