The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
Collaborative personality that is flexible and works to build a team
- Paid Training days
- Health insurance available
- Earned Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Patches Daycare and Academy is a premier, full time educational facility located in Spring Hill, TN. Our mission is to develop lifelong learners through a multicultural academic approach in early childhood development. Our core values include:
1. Safety- Our focus is to allow children to thrive is a safe and loving environment.
2. Imaginative Play- We believe children learn best through imaginative exploration where they are able to create and grow.
3. Hands-On Experiences- Children are able to build on applying what they know when they can use a variety of learning styles including hands on experiences.
4. Social Emotional Learning- Children must develop an understanding of their own needs and wants as well as the environment around them. We believe a strong focus on teaching children social emotional connections is important.
5. Flexibility- Today's world is everchanging and children need to learn how to be flexible with a creative environment and strive to show their strengths.
6. Relationships- Our focus is to build lasting relationships of trust, security and learning for all.
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Spring Hill, TN