The School Age Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns. Hours are 3 pm - 6 pm, Monday - Friday. Closed on all major holidays. Opportunities for additional hours when CMCSS is closed. Great schedule for college students or graduating seniors seeking a future in education!
- Develop classroom activities based on Developmentally Appropriate Practices and Early Learning Standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
- Professional childcare experience.
- Discounted childcare tuition
- Paid training
- Tuition assistance
- Monthly attendance bonuses
- $1,000 sign on bonus
- Paid Holidays (after 90-day probationary period ends)
Our mission at Grandmama's House is to provide high quality child care to the Clarsksville community and the surrounding areas. Grandmama's House offers many programs of enrollment to meet the needs of each family. Grandmama's House has been opened offering 3 star quality care for Clarksville residents since 2002.
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Clarksville, TN