Provide a safe, nurturing, educational environment for the children.
- Classroom Management
- Create and maintain safe and healthy learning environments for children with appropriate arrangement of materials, space, and supplies.
- Manage a classroom of children including transition times that encourages a child’s learning through discovery, curiosity, creativity, and a healthy self-concept that leads to school readiness..
- Understand and implement quality curriculum components (Literacy, Social-emotional, Health, Family Partnerships, Assessment, Professional Development, STARS/National Accreditation, Arts)
- Plan and implement the quality curriculum in a manner that supports the intellectual, social-emotional, physical and language development of each child enrolled in his or her classroom.
- Complete lesson plans that incorporate the Kentucky Early Childhood Standards in a timely manner.
- Utilize assessment information on children to implement learning plans to advance a child’s development.
- Complete tasks assigned in a timely manner to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- Utilize best practices and positive discipline techniques with children.
Internal and External Collaboration
- Be familiar with and abide by Children, Inc.’s Vision, Mission, and Beliefs.
- Be familiar with and abide by Children, Inc.’s Code of Ethics.
- Uphold all standards and policies set forth by Children, Inc.
- Maintain confidential information about the program, families, children, staff and the agency at all times.
- Maintain and demonstrate professionalism in the workplace and in the community.
- Show initiative for continued professional growth and skills development.
- Maintain positive relationships with children, families and co-workers.
- Model the attributes of acceptance of diversity, nurturing behavior, cooperation, respect, and responsiveness.
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Responsible for obtaining required training hours and maintaining educational credentials.
- Knowledge of and agreement to abide by state licensing mandates.
- Report for assigned work hours on time and prepared for assigned responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, speak, and write English
- CDA or greater (Montessori Certification, Associate/Bachelor/Master Degree with child development classes)
- Prior experience working with young children commensurate to responsibilities
- Six hour State Approved Orientation for Child Care Providers or within 90 days of employment
- Compliance with Licensing requirement for TB testing
- No physical or mental/emotional limitations that would prevent the implementation of caring for and safe- keeping of infants through school age children
Nice To Haves
Associate's or Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 3 weeks PTO, 403b (retirement)
Learning Grove, a United Way Agency Partner, is a highly rated nonprofit provider in child care, family support, and school age services in Greater Cincinnati. Learning Grove services span prenatally through college and career. Our multi-generational approach to fighting poverty our community as well as our work in advocacy, training, and research builds a strong foundation for success for over 3,000 children and families in our region every year.
VISION STATEMENT: All families and children have what they need to do well and be well.
MISSION STATEMENT: We provide innovative programs to grow knowledge, skills, and strengths that allow families, children, and communities to flourish.
Families, children and communities we provide:
Outcomes in early care and education that insure school readiness and future academic achievement
Effective cradle to career supports that encourage a growth mindset
Family-centered supports that give caring adults the confidence and competence to do the best for children
For practitioners around the world we provide:
Research-based tools and strategies that are tested, scalable and sustainable
Professional development that advances the professionalism and effectiveness of teachers
Advocacy network that promotes public policies that support families and children
Early Childhood Jobs KY is a part of Kentucky Shared Services, brought to you by Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C).
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Covington, KY