The assistant teacher will assist in preparing weekly lesson plan, teaching the curriculum and managing all daily classroom activities. Assistant Teacher must understand children's cognitive, social and emotional, and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The assistant teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and parents.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Technical College Early Childhood Education Certificate or enrolled in an Early Childhood Educational Program
- Child Development Associate (CDA), Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education (preferred)
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a childcare setting
- Complete all required annual training
Nice To Haves
Talkative (children learn to speak when you are actively communicating with them)
Infant / Child CPR & First Aid
Above industry standard benefits
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Bainbridge, GA