The Development Director will plan, organize, and direct all on-going and special project funding programs at Community Coordinated Child Care, Inc. (4-C). Further job duties include developing goals and strategies for all fundraising campaigns, designing and implementing marketing programs and special events to maximize prospect/donor engagement and representing the agency and clearly communicating our mission in various formats and avenues.
- Create and implement a development plan that details how the organization solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as grants, in-kind donations, charitable events and marketing opportunities.
- Review current and prepare future strategic development plans that are capable of meeting short and long range agency funding objectives. Enlist support from staff and committees, board of directors, and outside vendors to carry out those plans.
- Develop and implement annual fundraising plan, including strategies and objectives to reach yearly funding goals and a corresponding expense budget for managing all aspects of 4-C fundraising program.
- Raise funds for the agency by asking individuals, groups, and foundations for donations.
- Manage involvement in fundraising, committee members and resources to develop new contacts and programs that support revenue goals.
- Create opportunities to monitor effectiveness of the plan against achieved results. Modify the plans, where necessary, from solicited feedback.
- Establish policies, systems, and procedures to implement strategic concepts.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Establish and publicize development policies, systems, and procedures throughout the entire organization.
- Identify and recommend new sources of funding, including events, sponsorship opportunities, and other programs; work with appropriate staff to develop new sources of funding and focus on the best opportunities, where the opportunity is consistent with the 4-C brand.
- Develop the agency’s existing networking circle and become involved in strategic community organizations.
- Write reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders to keep them informed as necessary.
- Develop and ensure processes are put in place and followed for compliance and tracking purposes.
Grants Compliance Duties:
- Conduct/coordinate full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant applications including, but not limited to, research, writing and other budget functions/representations.
- Prepare and request disbursement of grant funds in timely and accurate manner and in accordance with grant guidelines.
- Ensure proper policies and procedures are in place to comply with grant requirements and be accountable for compliance with grant guidelines.
- Maintain grant records in compliance with grant guidelines.
- Track progress of all grants and prepare regular grant reports as dictated by the grant and/or by management.
Qualifications/Skills required include:
- 3 years of Development/Marketing experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent required
- Marketing or nonprofit leadership with proven successful fundraising experience
- Grant Writing experience highly preferred
- Other experience includes, but is not limited to, public relations, prospecting, business development and negotiation, and persuasive writing.
- Strong people skills, relationship building, persistence
- Possess leadership skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to plan, follow-through and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
Nice To Haves
The continued success of our organization depends on the recruitment, selection and retention of the most qualified and professional staff. We need individuals who are committed to providing the highest quality service to our clients, to each other, and to the community.
Community Coordinated Child Care offers competitive salaries and benefits that include:
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Vacation and Holiday Pay
Community Coordinated Child Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, the presence of non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Salary : ¤70,000 to ¤80,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Marketing/Advertising/PR
Minimum Experience : 3 Yrs
Location : Louisville, KY