ChildcareMatters Substitute Service is looking for passionate, flexible, and reliable candidates to join our network of substitutes serving the greater Nashville area. Substitutes support child care programs by providing continuity of quality care for children, and maintaining a caring and safe environment. Substitutes will assist staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents. Substitutes must be able to listen, communicate, and work well with others in a team environment.
All substituting will be under the supervision of an early childhood education teacher and the director of the child care program. Flexible hours mean you can work as much as you want. Daily employment scheduled directly with the childcare center through ChildcareMatters. Full/part day positions open.
Pay is based on education and experience. Hours will vary from week to week. No minimum hours are guaranteed. $16 - $18 an hour
Include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth transitions throughout the day.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Access to email and internet via phone or laptop/computer/tablet.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification
- Must provide past employment or references.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
- Complete and maintain required Department of Human Services professional development trainings with assistance of Substitute Service Coordinator
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs, sit on the floor for interaction with children, be active on the playground, and be outside in hot and cold temperatures.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: college credit in early childhood education or related field of study. CDA or 6 hours of ECE credit preferred.
Nice To Haves
- Flexible work hours - work when you want to.
- Gain experience from multiple child care providers.
- Professional development.
- Can lead to permanent employment by one of our providers in the pool.
ChildcareMatters Middle Tennessee Substitute Service provides qualified, trained substitute teachers to child care programs in Davidson County, Tennessee.
Through the ChildcareMatters online platform, substitute teachers can apply for open teaching positions available with child care programs registered with the Service. Since everything happens online, positions are filled quickly and continuity of care is maintained.
Salary : $16 to $18/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Nashville, TN