Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Milton After School Kids (MASK) Program to ensure high quality care, education, and enrichment of up to 59 children ages five (5) years to twelve (12) years of age. The Afterschool Programs Director is responsible for all aspects of maintaining a high-quality child care enrichment program that is in full compliance with and exceeds the licensing and quality requirements for a 5-STAR licensed child care center program in the State of Vermont. The Afterschool Programs Director reports directly to the Executive and/or Associate Director, and is expected to support and be a positive role model of the organizational mission, vision, and goals.
High-quality program management for Milton Afterschool Kids (MASK)
- Manage and coach a team of 6-9 part-time program staff members to implement a high-quality, engaging program for children ages 5-12 before and after school and during school vacations and summer break. Coach, train and Assist program staff in meeting the individual needs of students.
- Recruit and enroll a full roster of 59 students in the MASK program, ensuring thoughtful management of the enrollment and onboarding process for families, with a focus on equity and inclusion.
- Ensure MASK meets or exceeds VT licensing regulations, including but not limited to: record keeping, health and safety, physical environment, professional development requirements, and director presence at program.
- Oversee the facilitation and planning of activities with children to aid in development of the following skills:
- Socialization and self-help, Language and reading, Math, Fine and Gross motor skills, Art, play, storytelling, songs, and dramatic play
- Engage in at least 18 hours of professional development annually and 6 hours of Specialized Services training (Protective Services training)
- Manage the MASK food service program in collaboration with the ECP Program Director, Cook, and assistant program director.
- Document and Report any incidents, challenging behaviors, or endangering situations to the parents, and building principal
- Collect program attendance and other data deemed necessary for on-going program quality, and grant reporting.
Strategic leadership & community development
- Represent the needs and strengths of the MASK program on the MFCC leadership team through proactive communication, and collaboration with fellow MFCC leadership team staff.
- Drive positive organizational culture by learning and modeling the MFCC Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Milton Elementary School leadership, and learn and model MES school policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned
Must meet minimum qualifications for Program Director as described by the Vermont Child
Development Division for Afterschool Child Care Programs to include or exceed:
-Possess a Bachelors Degree or
-Possess an Associates Degree and one of the following
-at least ten months of experience with school age children or
-Vermont Afterschool Professional Credential or
-Vermont Program Director Credential or
-Vermont Teacher Licensure or
-Masters Degree in youth related field
Nice To Haves
- Opportunity to join a dedicated, passionate team driving real impact in the community!
- Compensation based upon education and experience.
- Employee-supported insurance plan (MFCC pays 100% of yearly cost on your choice of an individual health insurance plan from BCBS, and 50% of our dental and vision plans).
- Childcare discount of 50% for employees, pending availability of a slot.
- On-going, personalized professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program
Salary : $45,000 to $55,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 3 Yrs
Location : Milton, VT