We are currently looking to fill a position in our Ted E. Bear family, this position is for our 3-5 year old classroom. We offer loving care in a educational rich environment. Applicants need to be versatile and able to work with and educate our children while demonstrating appropriate redirection and educational techniques. Experience is not required but is preferred, a minimum of a high school diploma/GED is required, must be able to pass a background and drug screening and be able to have a physical form filled out saying you are able to perform your duties.
Our location has had an established center for over 40 years with the current management having been here for 16 years. We are located in Blountville TN just up from Sullivan Central and close to all local cities. Pay depends on experence, education and job performance. We participate in the State of TN Wage$ program also.
Call us at 423-323-2212
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain interest of children with daily educational activities.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Prefer professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills..
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification may be obtained with employment
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- early childhood education or related field of study completed or enrolled, willingness to enroll and/or continue your education.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
Lunch and snack provided daily
paid Holidays after 6 months
1 week paid vacation after 1 year
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Blountville, TN