Enthusiastic individual with a customer service skill set who is accessible and approachable. The registrar is responsible for creating the student scheduling of classes to maximize the school's resources and offer the highest level of classes and electives. Additionally, support would be needed with the admissions process from inquiry to integration into the school, overseeing all admission events, and working closely with the administrative team to promote the school in order to attract new families and retain current ones.
The daily duties of the position will vary and usually depend on the academic calendar. The individual job responsibilities of an Assistant Director of Admissions can include:
- Student recruitment efforts. This includes reaching out to and following up with students who demonstrate an interest in a particular school.
- Attending recruitment engagements. This includes career fairs and college fairs that inform students about the value of an education from their academic institution.
- Reviewing applications of potential candidates. This includes GPAs, extracurricular activities, and any other factors that help a director of admissions evaluate a student’s potential contributions to a school.
- Enhancing the admissions process. This entails independently evaluating all of the steps the admissions office completes to bring in new students and optimizing the system to eliminate wasted time, money, or resources.
- Student communication. Maintaining contact with students throughout the recruitment process and even after acceptance, to ensure they enjoy a successful, smooth beginning to their academic careers.
An Assistant Director of Admissions must retain a close, personal relationship not only with the admissions office but with all marketable aspects of the school itself. They must remain continually familiar with the best features of student life, on- and off-campus activity, academic curriculums, extracurricular activities, school athletics programs, sponsored internship opportunities, and any other attractive feature the school might offer.
- The ideal candidate will be a data-driven decision-maker, with strong administrative skills and some experience in admissions, financial aid or creative leadership in admissions, recruitment, or retention. She/he will have great communication and interpersonal skills including writing and public speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people. This person will have genuine empathy for prospective families and an awareness of the needs and sensitivities of parents, students, faculty, staff, and administrators and ultimately be able to manage expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic. PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES Represent Peachtree and serve as the face of the school to the school and broader community and with prospective families while communicating the mission. Engage and inform prospective parents and students about Peachtree and the benefits of a Peachtree education on an individual, small, and large group basis. Inspire the community to actively participate in admissions events including; individual and group tours, student shadow visits, curricular information sessions, student observations/testing/interview, parent-to-parent connections, and individual family conversations. Establish and maintain positive relationships with area educational constituencies including area schools, preschools, admissions directors and organizations and create networking opportunities. Lead and develop a communications plan with prospective families to move them from inquiry to enrollment. Oversee and participate in developing admissions materials, events, and marketing practices. Coordinate systematic and efficient handling of applications and communications with parents of student applicants so that the process supports and honors the student and their family. Manage parent and student expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic. Oversee the selection process of new students including the work of the admissions and financial aid committees Lead retention efforts with the leadership team. Manage admissions staff including providing clear communication regarding responsibilities, practices, and feedback. Other duties as assigned.
- Assists with the management of the admissions process.
- Works within the established timeline for reviewing applications.
- Routinely updates the list of applicants and informs candidates of all acceptance, rejection, and waitlist decisions.
- Manages marketing posts and advertising for new students.
Strong administrative skills and use of google docs and other programs that allow for effective communication and marketing of the school
Must be a team player who is organized and self-motivated
Able to present information to the school leadership team,
The ability to build excitement about the school and create strong retention each year
Nice To Haves
An energetic and enthusiastic person with customer service experience
Knowledge of the benefits of a private school education
Strong writing and public writing skills
401 K retirement plan with up to a 4% match of your salary
A private Christian school with motivated students
Health insurance with a 50% employee match for individual coverage
Tuition credits for staff members' children so they can come to work with you!
Supplemental policies such as life and disability are available
Competitive salary based on education level and teaching/leadership experience
Bi-weekly payroll for all employees - 26 pay periods annually
Our school is a State of Art Private PreK through 12th-grade private school. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools / Advanc-ED and we strive to challenge our students each and every day. Students utilize a state-of-the-art computer lab and library for learning enhancement. Our students compete in a variety of academic events including Math Olympics, Creative Writing, Spelling Bees, Speech Meets, Science Fairs, and over 17 different sports teams. At Peachtree Academy, we expect our students to be well-rounded and encourage them to participate in extra-curricular activities (soccer, baseball, language classes, chess, drama, music, and dance).
The early childhood division of the school bases its academic program on a weekly unit of study for academic advancement. Teachers use lesson plans to guide the delivery of information and address individual issues of advanced skill levels or areas of improvement that are needed. Parents may supplement curriculum by bringing in books, materials, or ideas related to the theme for the benefit of the class.
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Covington, GA