Early Learning Tree is looking for early childhood Teachers with experience with children to join our team where we inspire children through play based curriculum. We are looking for candidates that are as passionate about the growth, development, and curiosity of the precious children in our care. Our center cares for Infants through Elementary School age.
Basically, we are looking for someone that will enjoy coming to work to play with children, teach them essential skills, manage a schedule and be a good role model. Apply and send your resume to see if you would be a great fit for our team.
The Teacher is responsible for managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom, planning lessons from a themed curriculum, and carrying out the Early Learning Developmental Standards established by the TN Dept of Human Services. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively work with other staff, and resolve parental concerns.
- Interactively play with children
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are followed.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Hold a minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of professional child care experience and familiar with DHS licensing rules and regulations.
- Must be able to enroll in college courses in early childhood education or related field with desire of achieving a CDA , Associate Degree or higher.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer/technical product (tablets) skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
- Associate's Degree or higher in early childhood education or related field of study OR
- CDA or
- Technical Certificate in Early Childhood Education
- Competitive Weekly Pay - direct deposits
- 9 paid holidays
- 8 PTO days/year
- Monday - Friday
- Paid training
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Support and Coaching
- Employee child care discount
- Enjoyable work environment
Salary : $12 to $18/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Powell, TN